Art of Liberation. A Press Study 1988–2018
vol. 1: 1988–1997
- What was critical art in Poland? How controversial were the exhibitions presented at the Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art? What can press materials tell us about an artist’s life? Answers to these questions can be found in the first of the three volumes of Art of Liberation. A Press Study 1988-2018, a monumental project by Zbigniew Libera.
- The three-volume publication is a collection of press articles dealing with Libera’s work, published by various Polish and international magazines. Shedding light on what were the art world’s major discussions at the time, what caused the most controversy, or who were the critics’ best picks, they indirectly offer an insight into the condition of Polish art criticism and the institutional infrastructure of art in Poland.
- Zbigniew Libera, Dorota Monkiewicz, and Piotr Rypson will talk about 1990s art and art criticism. The discussion will be moderated by Karol Sienkiewicz.
- The talk will be followed by a performance by Rdzeń in the following line-up:
- Piotr Lutyński – violin
- Marek Kozica – cello
- Ewa Małas – saxophone
- Zbigniew Libera – percussions
- Fryderyk Lutyński – guitar
- Adam Rzepecki – performance
Today at U–jazdowski
Symphony of the Ursus Factory
[Symfonia Fabryki Ursus], directed by Jaśmina Wójcik, Poland 2018, 60’ (English friendly)
Sorry We Missed You
directed by Ken Loach, Belgium/France/United Kingdom 2019, 100' (English friendly)