open call to participate in an artist residency
Everyday Forms of Resistance
Open call for Palestinian, Polish, Finnish and Belgian artists in 2020
- Previous <
- Residencies for Polish artists in Palestine
- Residencies for Palestinian artists in Warsaw
- Next >
- The three month-long residency in Warsaw:
- 1 June – 30 August 2020
- Submission deadline:
- 31 January 2020
- The results will be announced by:
- 14 February 2020
- Residency benefits include:
- → a monthly per diem of 800 euro;
- → individual living space;
- → production costs up to 800 euro;
- → reimbursement of one return ticket to and from the place of residency;
- → the organization of a public event during the residency;
- → organising a customised programme of study visits.
- Please note that visa fees or insurance costs connected to visa applications are not covered.
- How to apply:
- Please send an electronic version of your application indicating the name of city where would you like to apply in the email’s title in one document to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org — preferred format: pdf (in English).
- The application document should include:
- 1. professional work experience in form of a portfolio containing descriptions of up to five projects
- 2. a cover letter
- 3. a concept note (250 words max) of the project you would like to develop during residency
- 4. your CV
- Please label the portfolio as follows: Warsaw_your surname_your name_application.pdf.
- Residency at U–jazdowski will accompany an exhibition Everyday Forms of Resistance. This project investigates in its broadest sense the role of art within society and the daily use of forms of resistance in Palestine, as well as worldwide. How do we, as civilians, deal on a daily basis with the challenges of these times? What are the everyday gestures that allow us to resist, and how does art come into play? More about the project may be found here.
Today at U–jazdowski